Viale Vaticano - Tel. 0669883860
archaeological museum - web site

The museum was established in Laterano Palace by Pope Gregorio XVI (1831-1846) and was later relocated in Vatican in 1970 by Pope John XXIII.


The works are exposed following a typological method:

GREEK ORIGINALS COLLECTION

ROMAN COPIES FROM GREEK ORIGINALS

ROMAN SCULPTURES

SARCOFAGUS, CINERAY URNS AND ROMAN SCULPTURES OF THE LAST EMPIRE