Villa Torlonia - Via Nomentana, 70 - Tel. 0644250072 - web site

The name of the museum - House of the Owls - depends on the owls represented in the glass windows and in many other decorations of the villa. The architect Vincenzo Fasolo added in 1917 an immaginative Liberty ornament.

The glass windows were assembled from 1908 to 1930 and are a worldwide  unicum. They were worked by Cesare Picchiarini’s laboratory on drawings of Duilio Cambellotti, Umberto Bottazzi, Vittorio Grassi and Paolo Paschetto.